Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Finals Week Pick-Me/You-Up

Hello everybody!

So today marks the beginning my schools mid-year finals. And I thought what better way to make this week a little bit better than by making chocolate chip cookies! XD YUMMMM 

Right about now is when I'm feeling the pressure, and I know that all I need to do, is relax, and stop freaking out. And the best way to de-stress and relax is to make some chocolate chip cookies. And maybe eat some too ;)


This is my favourite chocolate chip recipe, in fact it's my go to recipe. So I thought I'd share it with all if you!

Now, this recipe is in metric measurements, I find these are more accurate, but it can easily be converted to US Standard. But, if you have a food scale then there's no need to convert!

Kendallina's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Recipe-
225g of plain all-purpose flour
80g soft light brown sugar
80g of granulated (caster) sugar
150g of softened salted butter
1 large egg
2 tsp of vanilla
1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1/4 tsp of salt
150-200g of plain chocolate chips to your liking.

Makes about 50 cookies


Method-
Preheat oven to 375F (190C)

Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy.
Then add egg and vanilla, mix until just combined.

Sieve in flour, bicarbonate 
(baking soda), salt and add chocolate and combine.


Scoop table spoonfuls of dough well apart (aprox. 2in or 5cm) and bake for 9-10 mins.



Allow to firm on baking sheet then transfer to cooling rack and enjoy!



Whether your taking finals or not, or you're just having a stressful day or week nothing makes you feel better than a nice warm, homemade, chocolate chip cookie.  I hope this has made your week a little bit better! I know it's done mine. :)

Much love & Glitter
xoxo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment